Counseling 5, College Success
- Create the success you want for college and life.
- Personal growth, career planning and effective study strategies.
- Transfers to both UC and CSU schools.
Want the best of both worlds? Get set for success! Sign-up for Counseling 5, section# 52252, with Instructor Michael Byers.
We will meet in-person for the first two weeks of class (in Fox 103), then finish the course online together. Get to know your fellow Counseling 5 students and the instructor. Work together, and have fun. Learn how to take command of your future.
Class starts Monday, June 13th, at 10:30am.
Counseling 24, Personal Growth
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) emphasis
Fall 2016, section #51112
Class starts October 17, 2016 and ends December 8, 2016.
Meets in-person on Mondays, 9:20-10:45 am, in the “Village” V22, and also online.
- Improve your ability to relax.
- Develop greater clarity, stability and ease.
- Cultivate more compassion for yourself and others.
- Enliven your natural capacity to respond to life’s challenges with awareness.
Curious about how MBSR might be helpful? Here’s an introduction to MBSR produced by the Center for Mindfulness.
Counseling 12, Careers and Lifestyles
- Comprehensive career planning for your individual needs.
- Develop an effective resume, cover letter and job search strategies.
- Use Canvas, a modern learning platform with more ways to stay connected.
- Access class features with an app available for iPhone and iPad (optional).
Two sections for Fall 2016…
- To meet in-person and online, enroll in section # 51111
Class starts Tuesday, September 19th, 9:20 to 10:45 am, in Fox 104.
- To meet solely online, enroll in section # 51107
Starts Monday, October 31st and ends December 8, 2016
For online classes…
Michael Byers teaches with the Canvas learning management system. On the first day of class, you will receive an invitation to the online classroom via the email address you have on file with WVC Admissions and Records. Be sure to update your email address via the WVC Portal.
If class is full when you attempt to register…
Sign-up for the wait list, through the WVC registration system. If the class has begun, email the instructor to request an add code.
Feedback for Michael Byers from students…
“One of the best classes I have ever taken. This course taught me so much about myself, and helped me make decisions. I would definitely recommend it.” – Avery
“Mr. Byers offers encouragement, insightful feedback, and provides ongoing support. I think that this class is great!” – Andrew
“I was able to understand more about myself, as well as set myself up for future success. I really appreciated how invested you were in our success. Thank you!” – Michele
“I have taken many online courses at West Valley, and have found this one to be the most fun and interactive.” – Lindsey
“This class really helped me with my confidence.” – Diane
“Very helpful. I highly recommend this course with Mr. Byers.” – Cody