Counseling 24, Personal Growth
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) emphasis
Spring 2016, section #51884
Class starts April 11, 2016 and ends May 18, 2016.
- Improve your ability to relax.
- Develop greater clarity, stability and ease.
- Cultivate more compassion for yourself and others.
- Enliven your natural capacity to respond to life’s challenges with awareness.
Counseling 5, College Success
Spring 2016, Online, section# 47388
Starts Monday, March 14th
- Create the success you want for college and life.
- Personal growth, career planning and effective study strategies.
- Transfers to both UC and CSU schools.
Counseling 12, Careers and Lifestyles
Spring 2016, Online, section# 47392
Starts Monday, February 8th
- Choose activities and projects that address your individual needs.
- Use Canvas, a modern learning platform with more ways to stay connected.
- Access class features with an app available for iPhone and iPad (optional).
For online classes…
On the first day of class, you will receive an invitation to the online classroom via the email address you have on file with WVC Admissions and Records. Be sure to update your email address via the WVC Portal.
If class is full when you attempt to register…
Sign-up for the wait list, through the WVC registration system. If the class has begun, email the instructor to request an add code.
Feedback from students…
“One of the best classes I have ever taken. This course taught me so much about myself, and helped me make decisions. I would definitely recommend it.” – Avery
“Mr. Byers offers encouragement, insightful feedback, and provides ongoing support. I think that this class is great!” – Andrew
“I was able to understand more about myself, as well as set myself up for future success. I really appreciated how invested you were in our success. Thank you!” – Michele
“I have taken many online courses at West Valley, and have found this one to be the most fun and interactive.” – Lindsey
“This class really helped me with my confidence.” – Diane
“Very helpful. I highly recommend this course with Mr. Byers.” – Cody