Counseling 24, Personal Growth
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) emphasis
Instructor: Michael Byers
Meets in-person and also online.
- Improve your ability to relax.
- Develop greater clarity, stability and ease.
- Cultivate more compassion for yourself and others.
- Enliven your natural capacity to respond to life’s challenges with awareness.
Curious about how MBSR might be helpful? Here’s an introduction to MBSR produced by the Center for Mindfulness…
Counseling 12, Careers and Lifestyles
Instructor: Michael Byers
- Comprehensive career planning for your individual needs.
- Develop an effective resume, cover letter and job search strategies.
- Use Canvas, a modern learning platform with more ways to stay connected.
- Access class features with an app available for iPhone and iPad (optional).
Required text, “Designing Your Life,” by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans.
For online classes…
Michael Byers teaches with the Canvas learning management system. On the first day of class, you will receive an invitation to the online classroom via the email address you have on file with WVC Admissions and Records. Be sure to update your email address via the WVC Portal.
Counseling 5, College Success
- Create the success you want for college and life.
- Learn how to direct your attention and energy.
- Take command of your future.
- Personal growth, career planning and study strategies.
- Transfers to both UC and CSU schools.
Register or sign-up for the waitlist…
Sign-up for the wait list through the WVC registration system if the class is full. Students on the waitlist will be offered add codes on the first day of class, as space allows. If class has started, request an add code.
If you are not registered by the first day of class, email the instructor to see if there is any last-minute space available.
Feedback for Michael Byers from students…
“One of the best classes I have ever taken. This course taught me so much about myself, and helped me make decisions. I would definitely recommend it.” – Avery
“Mr. Byers offers encouragement, insightful feedback, and provides ongoing support. I think that this class is great!” – Andrew
“I was able to understand more about myself, as well as set myself up for future success. I really appreciated how invested you were in our success. Thank you!” – Michele
“I have taken many online courses at West Valley, and have found this one to be the most fun and interactive.” – Lindsey
“This class really helped me with my confidence.” – Diane
“Very helpful. I highly recommend this course with Mr. Byers.” – Cody